Arrow Solutions is committed to conducting business in an ethically and socially responsible manner, as well as ensuring the effective management of environmental issues. We are focused on sustainable development in order to meet the needs of the present without compromising future generations.
One of the primary ways in which we can help our customers achieve the same objectives is by minimising their chemical usage. All Arrow products are of a high quality and simply require the application of less product to complete the task. Additionally most of our range is provided as a concentrate to which water is added locally, saving unnecessary transport and packaging. In particular our market leading Supermax range of daily use products has been designed to offer extremely high dilution rates to ensure that delivery of the most commonly used chemicals is completed with the minimum environmental impact.
We have been accredited to ISO14001 since 2010. However we have not let our efforts rest there and the following is a list of commitments implemented across our business:
- Select and formulate ingredients to ensure safety and optimise the sustainability of our finished product during its lifecycle
- Fully comply with all applicable EU Regulations to ensure that our products are safe for people and the environment
- Review human and environmental safety aspects of our ingredients and select materials to find the optimum balance between effectiveness, safety and environmental impact
- Offer water based products as an alternative to solvent based and provide concentrated professional products to reduce our environmental impact
- Our purchasing team is tasked to ensure that all paper based products are from FSC sources, that we use recycled material wherever possible and ensure that all packaging and components are able to be recycled
Manufacturing and Logistics
- We are rigorous in ensuring that we minimise raw material and finished product waste
- Reduce our consumption of energy and water further, having reduced our energy consumption per unit by 75% in the first three years of this objective
- Implemented measures to control our emissions of solvent waste by using waste companies that recycle or re-use waste solvent as a raw material in other industries
- Reduce aerosol waste by reclaiming 100% of waste aerosols for both tin-plate and aluminium and ensuring that any residual content can be reclaimed
- Optimise the efficient and safe use of chemicals and minimise our water use
- Continually improve and comply with all company accreditations
- We are registered and monitored to IPPC/EPR by the UK Environment Agency
- Water usage is measured and monitored, together with electricity and fuel oil, both of which have seen reductions of 40%+ in use per unit of manufacture
- We have installed lighting with sensors to ensure energy is used only when required
- All employees, regardless of department, are tasked to reduce the environmental impact of our operations
- An Energy and Environment Team work with all employees to reduce waste and identify further ways to reduce our carbon footprint
- All employees are active in ensuring that all waste paper and cardboard are recycled
Please contact either speak to your local sales representative or contact Arrow directly for copies of our accreditation certificates, or further details on any aspect of our environmental policy.
At Arrow we take our commitment to social and environmental responsibility seriously and that is truly represented by the introduction of pbca technology for many of our aerosols. In place of using traditional flammable or high Global Warming Potential (GWP) propellants many Arrow aerosols are simply powered by compressed air. Requiring no manufacturing, transportation or storage the use of air delivers a huge reduction in carbon footprint. Furthermore the elimination of flammable gas yields significant improvement in safety. A genuinely green answer for the 21st century – and Arrow is the first company in the world to offer such products. Look for the green band and the pcba mark to see if your aerosols are powered by compressed air.